Ok, it’s a bit early, but based on what I’ve seen, here are the preview highlights of the Summer 19 Release Notes.
New Tools to Transition to Lightning Experience, and Empower Productivity in Salesforce Overall:
2020 is the year that EVERYONE will be in Salesforce Lightning. So, it’s really, really, really, … NOW time to get ready for Lightning if you haven’t yet. And with this release Salesforce runs the theme “Lightning Experience for all orgs”, introducing new tools to help you manage your transition.
Some of these tools include:
- Customizable prompts to get your users engaged with all that’s great in the new Salesforce. (See video below on In-App Guidance )
- Land on the same record page when switching from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience.
- Run the full desktop version of Lightning Experience on iPad devices. Do more with Enhanced Related Lists: show up to 10 columns, resize and sort them, perform mass actions, and wrap text.
- Streamline appointment scheduling with a self-service interface and more Salesforce integrations in Lightning Scheduler.
- Send survey invites for free and get more responses with customized email invitations in Salesforce Surveys.
- Better use of your browser space with a right-aligned utility bar in Lightning Console.
- Find stuff faster: with search results that reflect how you navigate, and easily see which objects were searched in your search results.
- Access even more recent items in the Lightning Experience navigation bar.
Lightning Experience: A Modern and Intelligent User Experience
Salesforce keeps on improving Lightning Experience – also in this release – and to become a completely reimagined interface.
It’s built on the Salesforce UI platform, so the experience can grow and evolve with your needs.
Salesforce Essentials gets build out: Dialer, Chat, Messaging, and More
- You can now add more functionality to Essentials through add-ons, like Dialer, Chat and Messaging, and increased storage.
- Import opportunities using the Data Import Wizard to bring your in-progress deals to Salesforce.
- Embed automated tasks in your website or help center, recommend next steps to your team when working with customers, and merge cases.
Salesforce Einstein: Bots Faster to Set Up, Data Checker in Prediction Builder, and Sales Cloud Quarterly Forecasts
- Set up and test bots faster and with fewer utterances.
- Use Data Checker to set up your predictions for success.
- Improve your forecasts with support for quarterly forecasting and data segments.
- Einstein intelligence enhances more core Salesforce applications.
Sales: High Velocity Sales Enhancements, Einstein Activity Metrics, Customizable Product Schedules, and New Einstein Features for CPQ and Pardot
Here are the highlights for SALES:
- Link sales cadences to address complex sales processes. (We’ll explain High Velocity Sales in a separate article)
- Activity Metrics gives Einstein Activity Capture users a complete view of their activity data.
- Customizable product schedules can support more complex sales processes related to incoming revenue and outgoing orders.
- Drive sales teams to more intelligent pricing with CPQ Einstein Pricing Guidance.
- And use Einstein Campaign Insights to find similarities among prospects who engage with your campaigns.
Service: Smarter Bot Routing and Dialog Review, Improved Field Service Dispatching, and Easy Setup for Skills-Based Routing
- Review Einstein Bot dialogs with ease in a visual map, and use new smart routing features to escalate bot conversations to the right experts.
- Work faster in the Field Service Lightning dispatcher console with a pop-out map, long-term Gantt view, and new drag-and-drop scheduling options.
- Set up skills-based routing in a jiffy with a handsome setup screen.
- Finally, explore a smorgasbord of other productivity-boosting features for agents: a) ability to proactively reach out to customers with critical service updates, b) create more intelligent macros with conditional expressions, and c) merge duplicate cases. Yippy!
Analytics: Row-Level Formulas (Beta), Report Notifications, Templates with Predictive Analytics, Einstein Predictions Service
Analytics is the next battle, and it’s getting seriously good now, with new features:
- Bring the power of row-level formulas to every record in a report.
- Set conditions in reports, and receive emails when the conditions are met.
- Add predictive analytics to your apps with templates.
- Embed Einstein Discovery predictions anywhere.
Communities: Increased Developer Productivity, Mobile Publisher Enhancements, and Record List Improvements
- Summer ‘19 is a boon for developers, who can now work more efficiently on communities using a host of new API enhancements.
- Improved Salesforce Mobile Publisher for Community Cloud means that Community users can take advantage of new list view improvements, such as pinned list views, custom mass actions, and custom list views on tasks.
Files: Asset Files Updates and More File Sharing
- Finding and making asset files is getting smoother and faster. Identify asset files in an instant with the new UI indicator.
- Make a new asset file right from the Asset Library with the click of a button. We’ve increased file sharing limits.
Mobile: Do More on the Go
- New ways to help your users outside of the office: Salesforce mobile apps help your users stay productive throughout their busy days, no matter where they are.
Industries: Ready-Made Solutions for Your Line of Business
- Salesforce goes industry-specific with tailored solutions for financial services and health care.
- Financial Services Cloud gets new insurance capabilities;
- Health Cloud gets new data models to help manage provider relationships and life sciences programs; and users can book financial and health appointments with Lightning Scheduler.
myTrailhead: Your Content and Brand on Trailhead
- With myTrailhead, you can offer your users the same skill-based, gamified learning experience as Salesforce Trailhead with content that you create for your company.
- You can also brand myTrailhead with your company logo, banner image, and color.
- Learn more about the strategic importance about this in our roadmap for 19 videos.
Customization: Einstein Prediction Builder, Einstein Next Best Action, and Flow Enhancements
- Make sure your data leads to quality predictions and be more precise with filter conditions in Einstein Prediction Builder.
- Get better recommendations and predictions with Einstein Next Best Action.
- Build flows more easily with a more robust Flow Builder and a host of new features.
SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD
As we are lead-experts in Marketing Cloud, let me share what’s new in Salesforce Marketing Cloud in a tat more detail in its current April 2019 release, which runs from April 6 through May 3.
- Marketing Cloud Setup
- Einstein Engagement Frequency
- Mobile Integration with Journey Builder and Content Builder
- Datorama Connector for Marketing Cloud Email (more about this later)
- And a whole lot more:
1)Get Subscriber Counts Before Sending Emails.Before sending an email, you can now review how many subscribers are in a list. For lists in folders, you can get the subscriber count when sending a Content Builder email in Emails Studio in the Population column.
2)Unverified From Addresses Can No Longer Be Used in Email Sends.
‘From’- addresses used in send must be verified by an email Admin. Otherwise, the send is restricted. This trust-initiative ensures that users are using only From addresses that their account owns and manages. Use the Domain Verification and From Address Management email admin features to verify From addresses. When send flow restrictions are enabled in accounts, only verified From addresses appear in the send flow dropdowns for the from name and in send classifications.
1) Preview Subscribers in Mobile Channels. Before sending, get a subscriber-level preview for mobile channels that use Content Builder to see personalization and code rendered for that individual. When creating the message in Content Builder or Journey Builder, click Subscriber Preview.
2) Identify Emails and Use Code Snippets More Easily.Quickly locate emails in the library grid with the new email subject line displayed below the email name. Reference Content Builder emails via Email ID in sends and reports. And you can now create code snippets directly in an email or template.
3) Create LINE Carousel Messages in Content Builder.With a carousel message, you can create 10 different messages, and each message can have a different image, title, message fields, and up to three buttons. Previously, you could only create and send messages using GroupConnect or via Chat Messaging API. Now you can create the messages in Content Builder and Journey Builder.
Batched Decisioning for Interaction Studio, meaning:
1) Send Contacts in Batch to Interaction Studio.Trigger interactions in a batch to support use cases like Next Best Email, Next Best Offer, saturation and frequency management, and key syncing when you integrate with Interaction Studio through Automation Studio.
2) Use Interaction Studio Decisioning Capabilities in Journey Builder. Record activities and propositions, and add keys so that Interaction Studio can orchestrate decisions based on journey data. Orchestrating the customer experience requires Interaction Studio to be aware of a customer’s context and journeys.
1)Test Any Data Extension with Journey Testing.Now more journeys can take advantage of the enhanced journey testing functionality that was introduced in the October 2018 release. Enhanced journey testing simulates journeys with real contacts. You can send test emails and visualize the expected path for each sample contact, resulting in greater confidence before journey activation. Journeys that use a filtered data extension as the entry source can access full journey testing capabilities, and the entry source data extension’s policies no longer impact testing.
2) Use Journey Builder Integrations with the Latest Marketing Cloud Connect API
In early 2018, the JB Integrations package was hard-coded to support only MC Connector API version 33 and earlier. This change caused new and updated Sales Cloud and Service Cloud objects to not display in Journey Builder. Journey Builder Integrations now supports the latest version of the Connector API. Also, when picking objects to use as the source of events and activities, Journey Builder Integrations supports new objects and attributes within new and existing objects.
Increase Your ROI on Advertising Spend with Google Advanced Match. If you Advertising Studio enabled in your Marketing Cloud account, you now have access to Google Advanced Match. You can match subscribers by email address, mobile ID, phone number, mailing address information, and user ID.
Add Row-Based Data Retention Policies to Existing Data Extensions.You can now apply a data retention policy to a data extension with less than 100 million records right from Contact Builder. Previously, you had to apply a policy as part of the data extension creation process.
MARKETING CLOUD EINSTEIN:
- Optimize Email Sends with Einstein Engagement Frequency
Maximize subscriber engagement by identifying the ideal number of emails to send over a given time frame. Send too many emails, you risk increasing attrition. Send too few, and you can miss sales opportunities or suffer from poor brand awareness. Einstein Engagement Frequency addresses this concern by finding the best email frequency range to meet your objectives. You can create data extensions to further engagement with subscribers who received too few emails and suppress subscribers who received too many.MO
- Personalize Your Journey Builder Inbox Messages with Entry Source Data.You can now update your Journey Builder Inbox messages with entry source data. Personalize Inbox subject line and CloudPage content in journeys based on the selected entry source.
- Perform the Critical Update to the Google Firebase Console Messaging by April 11.Google announced that as of April 11, 2019, it is deprecating the Google Cloud Messaging endpoint. After April 11, 2019, devices with Android SDK version 6.0.x and later no longer receive push notifications from Marketing Cloud. To continue receiving push notifications, you must update your app to the latest version of the Marketing Cloud Android SDK.
MARKETING CLOUD CONNECT:
- Get More Accurate Data on Email Open Rates.The Marketing Cloud Connect tracking table for email open rates is now cleaned by a process that reduces data inflation. To align with Marketing Cloud tracking data, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud tracking data more accurately represents links clicked by message recipients and not by Internet service providers.
- Healthy Authentication Tokens Fix Broken Tokens.The Marketing Cloud Connect 219 managed package fixes broken business unit authentication tokens by using healthy tokens within the same account. Previously, you were required to re-authenticate the Marketing Cloud Connect API user when one business unit failed to connect with Marketing Cloud Connect, which reset all business units tokens.
- Notification Emails Sent Only for Broken Integrations. The Marketing Cloud Connect 219 managed package fixes a bug that incorrectly triggered email notifications to customers stating that their integration was broken.
These are some of the highlights for Marketing Cloud for its April 2019 release. Back to Summer 19 for the rest of Salesforce:
B2B Commerce: Create Self-Service Storefronts for Business Buyers
Quickly build self-service e-commerce storefronts that enable retailers, wholesalers, or distributors to purchase goods or services from your brand.
B2B Commerce is a managed package that simplifies online buying with features:
- New Tools to Transition to Lightning Experience and Empower Productivity designed for business-to-business use cases.
- Deliver custom catalogs, complex product configurations, account hierarchies, contract pricing, reorders, and more.
- Easily create a unique branded storefront user experience with responsive page templates.
Development: Creating Your Own Salesforce App
- There are enhancements help you develop amazing applications, integrations, and packages for resale to other organizations, whether you’re using Lightning components, Visualforce, Apex, or our APIs with your favorite programming language. Sounds exciting, and I want to learn more about this.
Security and Identity: OAuth Custom Scopes, Case-Insensitive Filter-Preserving Encryption, Session-Security-Level Policies, and Event Manager
- You can now use OAuth custom scopes to define a connected app’s access to an external entity’s protected data.
- Filter the data you encrypt with the case-insensitive deterministic encryption scheme.
- Require users to have a high-assurance session security level before accessing certain Setup pages or objects.
- And monitor events using a new dashboard with Event Manager.
Source: Salesforce Summer 19 Release Notes: https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/220/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_summer19_release_notes.pdf
See the entire Salesforce Summer 19 Release Schedule.