Ok, it’s a bit early, but based on what I’ve seen, here are the preview highlights of the Summer 19 Release Notes.
New Tools to Transition to Lightning Experience, and Empower Productivity in Salesforce Overall:
2020 is the year that EVERYONE will be in Salesforce Lightning. So, it’s really, really, really, … NOW time to get ready for Lightning if you haven’t yet. And with this release Salesforce runs the theme “Lightning Experience for all orgs”, introducing new tools to help you manage your transition.
Some of these tools include:
- Customizable prompts to get your users engaged with all that’s great in the new Salesforce. (See video below on In-App Guidance )
- Land on the same record page when switching from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience.
- Run the full desktop version of Lightning Experience on iPad devices. Do more with Enhanced Related Lists: show up to 10 columns, resize and sort them, perform mass actions, and wrap text.
- Streamline appointment scheduling with a self-service interface and more Salesforce integrations in Lightning Scheduler.
- Send survey invites for free and get more responses with customized email invitations in Salesforce Surveys.
- Better use of your browser space with a right-aligned utility bar in Lightning Console.
- Find stuff faster: with search results that reflect how you navigate, and easily see which objects were searched in your search results.
- Access even more recent items in the Lightning Experience navigation bar.
Lightning Experience: A Modern and Intelligent User Experience
Salesforce keeps on improving Lightning Experience – also in this release – and to become a completely reimagined interface.
It’s built on the Salesforce UI platform, so the experience can grow and evolve with your needs.
Salesforce Essentials gets build out: Dialer, Chat, Messaging, and More
- You can now add more functionality to Essentials through add-ons, like Dialer, Chat and Messaging, and increased storage.
- Import opportunities using the Data Import Wizard to bring your in-progress deals to Salesforce.
- Embed automated tasks in your website or help center, recommend next steps to your team when working with customers, and merge cases.
Salesforce Einstein: Bots Faster to Set Up, Data Checker in Prediction Builder, and Sales Cloud Quarterly Forecasts
- Set up and test bots faster and with fewer utterances.
- Use Data Checker to set up your predictions for success.
- Improve your forecasts with support for quarterly forecasting and data segments.
- Einstein intelligence enhances more core Salesforce applications.
Sales: High Velocity Sales Enhancements, Einstein Activity Metrics, Customizable Product Schedules, and New Einstein Features for CPQ and Pardot
Here are the highlights for SALES:
- Link sales cadences to address complex sales processes. (We’ll explain High Velocity Sales in a separate article)
- Activity Metrics gives Einstein Activity Capture users a complete view of their activity data.
- Customizable product schedules can support more complex sales processes related to incoming revenue and outgoing orders.
- Drive sales teams to more intelligent pricing with CPQ Einstein Pricing Guidance.
- And use Einstein Campaign Insights to find similarities among prospects who engage with your campaigns.
Service: Smarter Bot Routing and Dialog Review, Improved Field Service Dispatching, and Easy Setup for Skills-Based Routing
- Review Einstein Bot dialogs with ease in a visual map, and use new smart routing features to escalate bot conversations to the right experts.
- Work faster in the Field Service Lightning dispatcher console with a pop-out map, long-term Gantt view, and new drag-and-drop scheduling options.
- Set up skills-based routing in a jiffy with a handsome setup screen.
- Finally, explore a smorgasbord of other productivity-boosting features for agents: a) ability to proactively reach out to customers with critical service updates, b) create more intelligent macros with conditional expressions, and c) merge duplicate cases. Yippy!
Analytics: Row-Level Formulas (Beta), Report Notifications, Templates with Predictive Analytics, Einstein Predictions Service
Analytics is the next battle, and it’s getting seriously good now, with new features:
- Bring the power of row-level formulas to every record in a report.
- Set conditions in reports, and receive emails when the conditions are met.
- Add predictive analytics to your apps with templates.
- Embed Einstein Discovery predictions anywhere.
Communities: Increased Developer Productivity, Mobile Publisher Enhancements, and Record List Improvements
- Summer ‘19 is a boon for developers, who can now work more efficiently on communities using a host of new API enhancements.
- Improved Salesforce Mobile Publisher for Community Cloud means that Community users can take advantage of new list view improvements, such as pinned list views, custom mass actions, and custom list views on tasks.
Files: Asset Files Updates and More File Sharing
- Finding and making asset files is getting smoother and faster. Identify asset files in an instant with the new UI indicator.
- Make a new asset file right from the Asset Library with the click of a button. We’ve increased file sharing limits.
Mobile: Do More on the Go
- New ways to help your users outside of the office: Salesforce mobile apps help your users stay productive throughout their busy days, no matter where they are.
Industries: Ready-Made Solutions for Your Line of Business
- Salesforce goes industry-specific with tailored solutions for financial services and health care.
- Financial Services Cloud gets new insurance capabilities;
- Health Cloud gets new data models to help manage provider relationships and life sciences programs; and users can book financial and health appointments with Lightning Scheduler.
myTrailhead: Your Content and Brand on Trailhead
- With myTrailhead, you can offer your users the same skill-based, gamified learning experience as Salesforce Trailhead with content that you create for your company.
- You can also brand myTrailhead with your company logo, banner image, and color.
- Learn more about the strategic importance about this in our roadmap for 19 videos.
Customization: Einstein Prediction Builder, Einstein Next Best Action, and Flow Enhancements
- Make sure your data leads to quality predictions and be more precise with filter conditions in Einstein Prediction Builder.
- Get better recommendations and predictions with Einstein Next Best Action.
- Build flows more easily with a more robust Flow Builder and a host of new features.
Complete Resources to get Ready for Salesforce Summer 19
Direct link to the actual Salesforce Summer 19 Release Notes: https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/220/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_summer19_release_notes.pdf.
The Entire Rollout Schedule Salesforce Summer 19 Release Schedule.