SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD
Marketing Cloud has its own cadences, when it comes to period releases and upgrades. So, as we are the lead-experts in Marketing Cloud, let me extend my article on the Highlights of the Salesforce Summer 19 Release and share what’s new in Salesforce Marketing Cloud in a tat more detail in its current April 2019 release, which runs from April 6 through May 3.
What’s new in Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
In sum: A LOT. On the Shortlist are things like…
- The Marketing Cloud Setup
- Einstein Engagement Frequency
- Mobile Integration with Journey Builder and Content Builder
- Datorama Connector for Marketing Cloud Email…
And a whole lot more. Let me work through the highlights, studio by studio.
WHAT’S NEW IN EMAIL STUDIO – SUMMER 19
- Get Subscriber Counts Before Sending Emails. Before sending an email, you can now review how many subscribers are in a list. For lists in folders, you can get the subscriber count when sending a Content Builder email in Emails Studio in the Population column.
- Unverified From Addresses Can No Longer Be Used in Email Sends. ‘From’- addresses used in send must be verified by an email Admin. Otherwise, the send is restricted. This trust-initiative ensures that users are using only From addresses that their account owns and manages. Use the Domain Verification and From Address Management email admin features to verify From addresses. When send flow restrictions are enabled in accounts, only verified From addresses appear in the send flow drop-downs for the from name and in send classifications.
WHAT’S NEW IN CONTENT BUILDER – SUMMER 19
1) Preview Subscribers in Mobile Channels. Before sending, get a subscriber-level preview for mobile channels that use Content Builder to see personalization and code rendered for that individual. When creating the message in Content Builder or Journey Builder, click Subscriber Preview.
2) Identify Emails and Use Code Snippets More Easily.Quickly locate emails in the library grid with the new email subject line displayed below the email name. Reference Content Builder emails via Email ID in sends and reports. And you can now create code snippets directly in an email or template.
3) Create LINE Carousel Messages in Content Builder.With a carousel message, you can create 10 different messages, and each message can have a different image, title, message fields, and up to three buttons. Previously, you could only create and send messages using GroupConnect or via Chat Messaging API. Now you can create the messages in Content Builder and Journey Builder.
WHAT’S NEW IN INTERACTION STUDIO – SUMMER 19
The highlight here is “Batched Decisioning” for Interaction Studio. What this means is two things:
1) Send Contacts in Batch to Interaction Studio.Trigger interactions in a batch to support use cases like Next Best Email, Next Best Offer, saturation and frequency management, and key syncing when you integrate with Interaction Studio through Automation Studio.
2) Use Interaction Studio Decisioning Capabilities in Journey Builder. Record activities and propositions, and add keys so that Interaction Studio can orchestrate decisions based on journey data. Orchestrating the customer experience requires Interaction Studio to be aware of a customer’s context and journeys.
WHAT’S NEW IN MARKETING CLOUD JOURNEY BUILDER – SUMMER 19
- Test Any Data Extension with Journey Testing.Now more journeys can take advantage of the enhanced journey testing functionality that was introduced in the October 2018 release. Enhanced journey testing simulates journeys with real contacts. You can send test emails and visualize the expected path for each sample contact, resulting in greater confidence before journey activation. Journeys that use a filtered data extension as the entry source can access full journey testing capabilities, and the entry source data extension’s policies no longer impact testing.
- Use Journey Builder Integrations with the Latest Marketing Cloud Connect API. In early 2018, the JB Integrations package was hard-coded to support only MC Connector API version 33 and earlier. This change caused new and updated Sales Cloud and Service Cloud objects to not display in Journey Builder. Journey Builder Integrations now supports the latest version of the Connector API. Also, when picking objects to use as the source of events and activities, Journey Builder Integrations supports new objects and attributes within new and existing objects.
NEW IN ADVERTISING STUDIO – SUMMER 19
Increase Your ROI on Advertising Spend with Google Advanced Match. If you Advertising Studio enabled in your Marketing Cloud account, you now have access to Google Advanced Match. You can match subscribers by email address, mobile ID, phone number, mailing address information, and user ID.
NEW IN CONTACT BUILDER
Add Row-Based Data Retention Policies to Existing Data Extensions.You can now apply a data retention policy to a data extension with less than 100 million records right from Contact Builder. Previously, you had to apply a policy as part of the data extension creation process.
NEW FEATURES OF MARKETING CLOUD EINSTEIN
- Optimize Email Sends with Einstein Engagement Frequency
Maximize subscriber engagement by identifying the ideal number of emails to send over a given time frame. Send too many emails, you risk increasing attrition. Send too few, and you can miss sales opportunities or suffer from poor brand awareness. Einstein Engagement Frequency addresses this concern by finding the best email frequency range to meet your objectives. You can create data extensions to further engagement with subscribers who received too few emails and suppress subscribers who received too many.MO
NEW FEATURES SUMMER 19 WITH MOBILE PUSH
- Personalize Your Journey Builder Inbox Messages with Entry Source Data.You can now update your Journey Builder Inbox messages with entry source data. Personalize Inbox subject line and CloudPage content in journeys based on the selected entry source.
- Perform the Critical Update to the Google Firebase Console Messaging by April 11.Google announced that as of April 11, 2019, it is deprecating the Google Cloud Messaging endpoint. After April 11, 2019, devices with Android SDK version 6.0.x and later no longer receive push notifications from Marketing Cloud. To continue receiving push notifications, you must update your app to the latest version of the Marketing Cloud Android SDK.
SUMMER 19 FEATURES OF MARKETING CLOUD CONNECT
- Get More Accurate Data on Email Open Rates.The Marketing Cloud Connect tracking table for email open rates is now cleaned by a process that reduces data inflation. To align with Marketing Cloud tracking data, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud tracking data more accurately represents links clicked by message recipients and not by Internet service providers.
- Healthy Authentication Tokens Fix Broken Tokens.The Marketing Cloud Connect 219 managed package fixes broken business unit authentication tokens by using healthy tokens within the same account. Previously, you were required to re-authenticate the Marketing Cloud Connect API user when one business unit failed to connect with Marketing Cloud Connect, which reset all business units tokens.
- Notification Emails Sent Only for Broken Integrations. The Marketing Cloud Connect 219 managed package fixes a bug that incorrectly triggered email notifications to customers stating that their integration was broken.
These are some of the highlights for Marketing Cloud for its April 2019 release. Back to Summer 19 for the rest of Salesforce:
B2B Commerce: Create Self-Service Storefronts for Business Buyers
Quickly build self-service e-commerce storefronts that enable retailers, wholesalers, or distributors to purchase goods or services from your brand.
B2B Commerce is a managed package that simplifies online buying with features:
- New Tools to Transition to Lightning Experience and Empower Productivity designed for business-to-business use cases.
- Deliver custom catalogs, complex product configurations, account hierarchies, contract pricing, reorders, and more.
- Easily create a unique branded storefront user experience with responsive page templates.
Development: Creating Your Own Salesforce App
- There are enhancements help you develop amazing applications, integrations, and packages for resale to other organizations, whether you’re using Lightning components, Visualforce, Apex, or our APIs with your favorite programming language. Sounds exciting, and I want to learn more about this.
Security and Identity: OAuth Custom Scopes, Case-Insensitive Filter-Preserving Encryption, Session-Security-Level Policies, and Event Manager
- You can now use OAuth custom scopes to define a connected app’s access to an external entity’s protected data.
- Filter the data you encrypt with the case-insensitive deterministic encryption scheme.
- Require users to have a high-assurance session security level before accessing certain Setup pages or objects.
- And monitor events using a new dashboard with Event Manager.
And there you have it: the Salesforce Marketing Cloud “Summer 19” Release.
Complete Resources to get Ready for Salesforce Summer 19
Direct link to the actual Salesforce Summer 19 Release Notes: https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/220/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_summer19_release_notes.pdf
The Entire Rollout Schedule Salesforce Summer 19 Release Schedule.